Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday, August 2, 2012

So. Looks as if this will be my rest day. Kat has been running a fever of 103.2 since last night. I showered at 6.00, not knowing if I would be leaving for the emergency room/urgent care clinic at any moment. Instead, after a long time on the phone with the advice nurse, we're heading in for a late afternoon appointment.

I was really looking forward to tonight's run with Julia, but Kevin is out late tonight and I'm not leaving a feverish kid home alone. We'll try to do it this weekend, instead. Kat heard us talking about it and was all, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I ruined your run."

"Stop it, you silly cheese," Julia said. "It's not like you got sick on purpose."

It's a beautiful August day--cool this morning, warming up right now. Perfect running weather! I'll be back out there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment