Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Saturday, July 28, 2012

On Saturday, July 28, 2012, the sole member of Team DesCamp--that would be me--ran the Cat Adoption Team's Catnip 5K.

I won my age/gender group (F/50-59). Given that my only goal was to get across the finish line without 1) crying and 2) throwing up, I'm ecstatic about my results. 

Time: 28.40. Course: mostly flat, a few very slight hills. Conditions: warm, slight breeze, slightly humid, early evening. Field: some serious runners, some walkers, lots of people just out to have fun.

Also: Deona, this blog is your fault.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa....! Wait a minute! Why is this my fault?! Hey... I'm not complaining, in fact I'm tickled pink. Now I have somewhere to go to get some inspiration from someone my own age. Although, you're WAY more fit and WAY faster than I am, or probably ever will be. 28 minutes for a 5K? Seriously? I really want to hate you right now. (but I don't) I just want to keep moving, fast - slow - or whatever it takes to get it done. God help me, I will be a runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your fault because I made some throwaway comment about blogging my workouts so that I would feel more responsible about doing the workouts, even if no one is reading the posts. And you said: Yes! I would totally read that! So that makes this your fault. Also: thank you.

    ReplyDelete